Draft EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 25)
Implementation Date: July 9, 2018
This draft EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers in their preparation of responses to potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft technical specification, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the technical specification before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft technical specification does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft technical specification. The changes outlined in this draft technical specification, if approved, are scheduled to take effect on July 9, 2018. The final version of the technical specification will be made available if approved by the Commission on or about July 9, 2018, on the SEC's Public Website.
The EDGARLink Online Submissions should conform to the EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification, namely, the XML schemas. Refer to XML schemas for detailed information on the common XML constructs of the EDGAR Filing submissions. For specific information about the data content of the ELO submission types, refer to the EDGAR Filer Manual Volume II available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edmanuals.htm).
EDGAR Release 18.2 will introduce the following changes:
- To allow the filer to submit N-CSR, N-CSR/A, N-CSRS, N-CSRS/A with “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” Exhibit type documents; here are the updates:
- In the eis_Common.xsd, added new Exhibit Type “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” in schema element “BASE_DOCUMENT_TYPE”
- In Section 4.3 DOCUMENT-TYPE, added “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” to “Value for Non-Primary Attached Document” list
- The elements “<issuingEntityCik>” and “<issuingEntityName>” have been made optional in eis_ABS_15GFiler.xsd. Section 3.4.18 has been updated to reflect these changes
- Updated Table 6.1 Error Condition Summary and added error conditions which suspend ABS-15G and ABS-15G/A filings
- Form types F-9, F-9/A, F-9POS, and F-9EF were rescinded; hence the references were removed from the following tables:
- 1-4: CoReg
- 1-5: CoReg-Fee
- 188.8.131.52 Mapping of ELO CoReg Submission Schemas to Submission Types
- 184.108.40.206 Mapping of ELO CoReg Fee Submission Schemas to Submission Types
- Draft EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 25) (compressed folder)