Planning, Performance, and Budget
May 12, 2017
The SEC's Strategic Plan, annual reports, and budget documents makes important performance and financial information available to the public, Congress, and the President. The agency's performance and financial data provide a foundation for programmatic and organizational decision-making and is an essential part of the agency's resource planning and commitment to accountability.
The Securities and Exchange Commission's FY 2014-2018 Strategic Plan describes key policy and operational priorities for the agency. The plan details our strategic performance goals and highlights program initiatives aimed at achieving the mission of the agency.
Annual Performance and Financial Reports
Annual performance and financial reports outline the goals and intended outcomes of the Securities and Exchange Commission's programs and initiatives. Furthermore, these reports provide program performance and financial information that enables Congress, the President, and the public to assess the agency's performance and accountability over the resources entrusted to it.
- 2016 Agency Financial Report
- 2015 Agency Financial Report
- 2014 Agency Financial Report
- 2013 Agency Financial Report
- Prior Years Performance and Accountability Reports
Each year, the SEC publishes its Congressional Budget Justification. This publication describes the agency's program performance and proposed program initiatives, the budget estimates for these program activities, and the distribution of agency resources.
- FY 2017 Congressional Justification and Performance Plan & FY 2015 Annual Performance Report
- FY 2016 Congressional Justification and Performance Plan & FY 2014 Annual Performance Report
- FY 2015 Congressional Justification and Performance Plan & FY 2013 Annual Performance Report
- Prior Years Congressional Justification In Brief