EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 25)
Implementation Date: July 9, 2018
The EDGARLink Online (ELO) XML Technical specification (Version 25) document details the valid structure and content of the EDGARLink Online (ELO) Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, a basis for creating XML submissions without the use of the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will construct software that will generate an ELO XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The EDGARLink Online Submissions must conform to the EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification, namely, the XML schemas. Refer to XML schemas for detailed information on the common XML constructs of the EDGAR Filing submissions. For specific information about the data content of the ELO submission types, refer to the EDGAR Filer Manual Volume II available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edmanuals.htm).
EDGAR Release 18.2 will introduce the following changes:
- To allow the filer to submit N-CSR, N-CSR/A, N-CSRS, N-CSRS/A with “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” Exhibit type documents; here are the updates:
- In the eis_Common.xsd, added new Exhibit Type “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” in schema element “BASE_DOCUMENT_TYPE”
- In Section 4.3 DOCUMENT-TYPE, added “EX-99.IND PUB ACCT” to “Value for Non-Primary Attached Document” list
- The elements “<issuingEntityCik>” and “<issuingEntityName>” have been made optional in eis_ABS_15GFiler.xsd. Section 3.4.18 has been updated to reflect these changes
- Updated Table 6.1 Error Condition Summary and added error conditions which suspend ABS-15G and ABS-15G/A filings
- Form types F-9, F-9/A, F-9POS, and F-9EF were rescinded; hence the references were removed from the following tables:
- 1-4: CoReg
- 1-5: CoReg-Fee
- 220.127.116.11 Mapping of ELO CoReg Submission Schemas to Submission Types
- 18.104.22.168 Mapping of ELO CoReg Fee Submission Schemas to Submission Types