EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 23)
The EDGARLink Online (ELO) XML Technical specification (Version 23) document details the valid structure and content of the EDGARLink Online (ELO) Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, a basis for creating XML submissions without the use of the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will construct software that will generate an ELO XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The EDGARLink Online Submissions must conform to the EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification, namely, the XML schemas. Refer to XML schemas for detailed information on the common XML constructs of the EDGAR Filing submissions. For specific information about the data content of the ELO submission types, refer to the EDGAR Filer Manual Volume II available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edmanuals.htm).
EDGAR Release 18.1 will introduce the following changes:
- Table 1-8: CoReg Serial updated, added entry for SF-1MEF
- Section 3.4.7 Mapping of ELO CoReg Serial Submission Schemas to Submission Types updated, added entries for SF-1MEF
- Added SF-1MEF Sample file to the EDGARLink Online Sample XML Files.zip file, and updated Table 7-1 (Sample Submission Files) to reflect the addition
- Added new submission type SF-1MEF to SUBMISSION_TYPE in eis_Common.xsd and eis_CoReg_Serial.xsd
- Table 1-4: CoReg updated, added entry for 486BXT
- Section 126.96.36.199 Mapping of ELO CoReg Submission Schemas to Submission Types updated, added entries for 486BXT
- Added 486BXT Sample file to the EDGARLink Online Sample XML Files.zip file, and updated Table 7-1 (Sample Submission Files) to reflect the addition
- Added new submission type 486BXT to SUBMISSION_TYPE in eis_Common.xsd and eis_CoReg.xsd
- Section 3.4.2 added schema elements “multiAccessionNumbers”, and sub element “accessionNumber” for NPORT-EX and NPORT-EX/A
- Section 3.4.2 changed the use of “accessionNumber” base element column value to “NA” for the NPORT-EX and NPORT-EX/A
- Updated Table 6.1 Error Condition Summary added three messages related to NPORT-EX and NPORT-EX/A