EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 22)
Implementation Date: December 11, 2017
The EDGARLink Online (ELO) XML Technical specification (Version 22) document details the valid structure and content of the EDGARLink Online (ELO) Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, a basis for creating XML submissions without the use of the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will construct software that will generate an ELO XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The EDGARLink Online Submissions must conform to the EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification, namely, the XML schemas. Refer to XML schemas for detailed information on the common XML constructs of the EDGAR Filing submissions. For specific information about the data content of the ELO submission types, refer to the EDGAR Filer Manual Volume II available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edmanuals.htm).
EDGAR Release 17.4 will introduce the following changes:
- Table 1-2: Single Filer SC updated, added entries for N-LIQUID, N-LIQUID/A
- Section 3.4.2 Mapping of ELO Single Filer SC Submission Schemas to Submission Types updated, added entries for N-LIQUID, N-LIQUID/A
- Added N-LIQUID and 10-D Sample file to the EDGARLink Online Sample XML Files.zip file, and updated table 7-1 (Sample Submission Files) to reflect the addition
- Added schema elements “accessionNumber”, “isComboSubmission” and “abseeElements” in the eis_CoReg.xsd to allow the filer to submit a combined 10-D and ABS-EE submission, with 10-D as the primary filing
- Added schema elements “RELATED_FORM_TYPE” in the eis_Common.xsd to allow the filer to submit a combined 10-D and ABS-EE submission, with 10-D as the primary filing
- Section 18.104.22.168 Mapping of ELO CoReg Submission Schemas to Submission Types updated, added entries for 10-D, 10-D /A
Download the EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification (Version 22) (compressed folder)