SEC to Participate in Financial Literacy Activities in Puerto Rico
Nov. 6, 2019
Miami, Nov. 6, 2019 –Officials from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Miami Regional Office will be participating in investor education programs and activities in Puerto Rico with military service members, veterans, seniors, caregivers, students, teachers, college and law school faculty members, and the general public. The events will take place Nov. 9-13 and will focus on enhancing the understanding of financial principles and practices, as well as provide tips on how to avoid becoming a victim of investment fraud.
Details of the events are as follows:
- Nov. 9-10 – Baby Boomers Expo, Puerto Rico Convention Center, San Juan, Puerto Rico (exhibitor)
- Nov. 11 – Veterans Day Event/Parade, Fajardo Sports Complex in the Municipality of Fajardo, Puerto Rico (exhibitor)
- Nov. 12 – Presentation at the Muniz Air National Guard Base, Carolina, Puerto Rico
- Nov. 13 – Student and Faculty Presentation at the University of Puerto Rico, College of Business, Rio Piedras Campus
- Nov. 13 – Student and Faculty Presentation at the University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, Rio Piedras Campus
To arrange interviews or assist with stories in conjunction with these events, contact the SEC’s press office at 202-551-4120 or Eric I. Bustillo, Director of the SEC’s Miami office, at 305-982-6300. Information about the Miami Regional Office’s outreach events is here.
For information about investing basics and additional investment resources, please visit Investor.gov.