WE ARE THE INVESTOR'S ADVOCATE
The SEC protects investors, promotes fairness in the securities markets, and shares information about companies and investment professionals to help investors make informed decisions and invest with confidence.
In this Office Hours, Chair Gensler explains why intermediaries for investment contracts are required to comply with securities laws and register with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Sign up for emails that will deliver SEC News direct to your inbox.
We Enforce Federal Securities Laws
Latest Federal Court Actions
- Anne PramaggioreSep 28, 2023
- Arline E. Woodbury and Joyce L. HolversonSep 28, 2023
- Ronald E. FiloramoSep 28, 2023
- Michael Blumer, John Kuprianchik, David Page, Steven Thompson, Joseph TodaroSep 28, 2023
- Marco A Perez, Pedro Perez Jr., and Olivia Perez DurbinSep 28, 2023
We Provide Data
Check out updates on the SEC open data program, including best practices that make it more efficient to download data.
Our Investment Management Analytics Office released an updated Money Market Fund Statistics report. The report reflects staff’s compilation and analysis of data reported to the Commission on Form N-MFP.
- The Investment Adviser Information Reports' data is collected from electronic submissions of Form ADV by investment adviser firms to the Investment Adviser Registration Depository (IARD) system.Updated
- The data sets provide the text and detailed numeric information in all financial statements and their notes extracted from exhibits to corporate financial reports filed with the Commission using eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL).Updated