Workforce Diversity Outreach
As required by Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Act of 2010, OMWI’s responsibilities related to workforce diversity include the following:
- Recruiting at historically black colleges and universities, Hispanic-serving institutions, women’s colleges, and colleges that typically serve majority minority populations;
- Sponsoring and recruiting at job fairs in urban communities;
- Placing employment advertisements in newspapers and magazines oriented toward minorities and women;
- Partnering with organizations that are focused on developing opportunities for minorities and women to place talented young minorities and women in industry internships, summer employment, and full-time positions;
- Where feasible, partnering with inner-city high schools, girls’ high schools, and high schools with majority minority populations to establish or enhance financial literacy programs and provide mentoring; and
- Any other mass media communications that the Office determines necessary.