Supplier Diversity Outreach
Feb. 26, 2014
As required by Section 342(c) of the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, OMWI’s responsibilities related to supplier diversity include the following:
- developing and implementing standards and procedures to ensure, to the full extent possible, the fair inclusion and utilization of minorities, women, and minority-owned and women-owned businesses in all business and activities of the agency at all levels, including in procurement, insurance and all types of contracts; and
- determining whether contractors and, as applicable, subcontractors are ensuring the fair inclusion of minorities and women in their workforces.
SEC Vendor Outreach Days
OMWI partners with the Office of Acquisitions Small Business Specialist to hold Vendor Outreach days once a month. This forum allows interested businesses (including minority-owned and women-owned, 8(a)-certified, small, small disadvantaged, women-owned small, service-disabled veteran-owned, and HUBZone certified businesses) to exchange information with the SEC on their capabilities and services/goods. For more information, please see the Vendor Outreach Days brochure.
Diverse Vendor Database
OMWI maintains a repository of information on diverse vendors that are interested in doing business with the SEC. The SEC uses the database to conduct market research, and to disseminate information on the agency’s supplier diversity initiatives. For more information, please see the Supplier Diversity Business Management System.
SEC Contract Information
If you are interested in searching, monitoring, or retrieving opportunities solicited by the SEC contracting community or information regarding justifications for SEC contracts awarded as other than full and open competition, please visit Federal Business Opportunities at www.fbo.gov.
For information on current and/or past SEC contracts, please visit the Federal Procurement Data System at https://www.fpds.gov. Once registered, you may search for contract information across the Federal government, to include the SEC. The specific code for querying SEC contracts is 5000.
Additional SEC Procurement Resources
- Doing Business with the SEC
- List of Potential Competitive Contracting Opportunities
- OMWI Offices within the Federal Services Regulatory Agencies
- OMWI Supplier Diversity Brochure
- Subcontracting Opportunities and Strategies
- SEC Enterprise Vehicle List
- SEC Vendor Communication Plan
- SEC Receivership Opportunities
- SEC Expert Witness Services Opportunities