Draft EDGAR Form TA XML Technical Specification (Version 1.3)
Implementation Date: July 9, 2018
The EDGAR Form TA XML Technical specification (Version 1.3) document details the valid structure and content of the Form D Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, the basis for creating Form TA XML submissions. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will construct software that will generate a Form TA submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The Form TA submission file must conform to the EDGAR Form TA Submission Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of EDGAR Form TA submissions. The Form TA XML submissions can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 18.2 will introduce the following changes to Form TA stylesheets:
- Added hyperlinks to all CIKs
- Added hyperlinks to all file numbers
- Formatted all number fields to use a “,” to separate numbers in the thousandths
- Expressed all data values related to US currency by using the dollar sign (“$”)
- Displayed items 2(b), 2(d), 5, 6, 8, and 11 in a tabular format on the TA-2 form
- Download the EDGAR Form TA XML Technical Specification (Version 1.3) (compressed folder)