EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2)
Implementation Date: December 11, 2017
The EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2) document details the valid structure and content of the Form N-CEN Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, the basis for creating Form N-CEN XML submissions. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will be able to construct software that will generate a Form N-CEN XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The Form N-CEN submission file must conform to the EDGAR Form N-CEN Submission Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of EDGAR Form N-CEN submissions. The Form N-CEN XML submissions can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 17.4 will introduce the following changes:
- The schema file “eis_NCEN_Filer.xsd” was updated to make the following elements optional:
- The schema file “eis_NCEN_Filer.xsd” was updated to add new element “etfSeriesId”
- Added new tag “c#6” to address validation requirements for “issmallcustodianhiredterminated”
- Added new tag “c#7” to address validation requirements for “fundName”
- Added new tag “c#8” to address validation requirements for “etfSeriesId”