EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.2)
Implementation Date: October 1, 2018
The EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.2) document details the valid structure and content of the Form N-CEN Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, the basis for creating Form N-CEN XML submissions. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will be able to construct software that will generate a Form N-CEN XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The Form N-CEN submission file must conform to the EDGAR Form N-CEN Submission Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of EDGAR Form N-CEN submissions. The Form N-CEN XML submissions can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 18.3 will introduce the following changes:
- Section 3.2, updated the constraint of “Decimal” Data Type from maximum 36 digits to 24 digits and removed maximum 12 digits after floating point constraint
- Section 3.3, changed rule m#5 description from “N-3” to “N-1A”
- Section 3.4, updated Max Length of Data Type “Decimal” and “attr Decimal” to 24
- Section 3.4, changed “interfundBorrowingLoanAverage” and “interfundBorrowingDaysOutstanding” Data Type to “attr Decimal” and “attr integer”
- Section 8.2.1, modified the second rule of the allowable extension of attached document’s name to be consistent with the first rule
- Download the EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.2) (compressed folder)