Draft EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.1)
This draft EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers in their preparation of responses to potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft technical specification, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the technical specification before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft technical specification does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft technical specification. The changes outlined in this draft technical specification, if approved, are scheduled to take effect on March 12, 2018. The final version of the technical specification will be made available if approved by the Commission on or about March 12, 2018, on the SEC's Public Website.
The Form N-CEN submission file must conform to the EDGAR Form N-CEN Submission Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of EDGAR Form N-CEN submissions. The Form N-CEN XML submissions can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 18.1 will introduce the following changes:
- Typo correction for element depositorStateCountry. Data type correction from String to NV in this Technical Specification Document
- Typo correction for element description. Data type correction from NV to String in this Technical Specification Document
- Typo correction for element rightsOfferingType. Data type correction from NV to String in this Technical Specification Document
- Section 3.3 Applicability of Schema Elements table was updated to address validation requirements for “Additional Questions for Management Investment Companies” tab. (tag m#22, m#23, m#24, c#2, c#3 were updated, new tag o#9 was added)
- Download the Draft EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.1) (compressed folder)