EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.1)
The EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.1) document details the valid structure and content of the Form N-CEN Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) Extensible Markup Language (XML) submission types. This specification provides, to those filers that are interested, the basis for creating Form N-CEN XML submissions. The expectation is that software developers, working on behalf of filers, will be able to construct software that will generate a Form N-CEN XML submission that can be successfully processed by the EDGAR system.
The Form N-CEN submission file must conform to the EDGAR Form N-CEN Submission Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of EDGAR Form N-CEN submissions. The Form N-CEN XML submissions can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 18.1 will introduce the following changes:
- Typo correction for element depositorStateCountry. Data type correction from String to NV in this Technical Specification Document
- Typo correction for element description. Data type correction from NV to String in this Technical Specification Document
- Typo correction for element rightsOfferingType. Data type correction from NV to String in this Technical Specification Document
- Section 3.3 Applicability of Schema Elements table was updated to address validation requirements for “Additional Questions for Management Investment Companies” tab. (tag m#22, m#23, m#24, c#2, c#3 were updated, new tag o#9 was added)
- Section 3.4 “isCreditLineUsed” was updated to be conditionally optional to m#25 on par with the schema modification
- Section 3.4 added an NV element “creditLineUsed” which is conditionally optional (m#25) and added mandatory attribute “isCreditLineUsed” on par with the schema modification
- Section 3.4 modified “averageCreditLineUsed” and “daysCreditUsed” as mandatory attributes on par with the schema modification
- Updated the stylesheet to include a new template 'format_to_dollar_large'.
- Download the EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification (Version 2.1) (compressed folder)