Draft EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification (Version 1.5)
Implementation Date: December 12, 2016
This draft EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers in their preparation of responses to potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft technical specification, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the technical specification before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft technical specification does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft technical specification. The changes outlined in this draft technical specification, if approved, are scheduled to take effect on December 12, 2016. The final version of the technical specification will be made available if approved by the Commission on or about December 12, 2016, on the SEC's Public Website.
The ABS Asset Data Files must conform to the ABS Asset Data File Taxonomy for the EDGAR system. This taxonomy comprises a collection of XML Schema Definition (.xsd) files that defines the structure of ABS Asset Data File Types. The ABS Asset Data Files can be transmitted to the SEC via the ‘Transmit’ link on the EDGAR FilerWeb (https://www.edgarfiling.sec.gov/) or the ‘Transmit XML Submission’ link on the EDGAR OnlineForms/XML Website (https://www.onlineforms.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 16.4 introduced the following changes:
- The schema file “eis_ABS_RMBSAssetData.xsd” was updated to correct the code values to integer in the following element types –
- The schema file “eis_ABS_DebtSecuritiesAssetData.xsd” was updated to correct the code value to integer in the following element type –
- The schema file “eis_ABS_CMBSAssetData.xsd” was updated to correct the code values to integer in the following element types –
- The schema file “eis_ABS_RMBSAssetData.xsd” was updated to add the following element –
- The schema file “eis_ ABS_CMBSAssetData.xsd” was updated to correct the value type from integer to decimal in the following element –
- Download the Draft EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification (Version 1.5) (compressed folder)