Draft EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) EDGAR Filing (Version 38)
Implementation Date: September 2016
This draft Filer Manual, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers in their preparation of responses to potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft manual, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the manual before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) (Version 38) is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft manual does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft manual. The changes outlined in this draft manual, if approved, are scheduled to take effect on September 19, 2016 for non-rule based changes or on the rule effective date for changes related to SEC rules. See SEC Final Rules posted on the SEC’s Public Website for information on the rule effective date. The final version of the manual will be made available, if approved by the Commission, on or about September 19, 2016, on the SEC’s Public Website.
Changes to the Draft EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) EDGAR Filing (Version 38) are being made to update the filer manual to reflect changes scheduled to be implemented on September 19, 2016.
On September 19, 2016, EDGAR Release 16.3 will introduce the following changes:
- An unregistered money market fund will now be able to file a report on submission form types N-CR and N-CR/A. When submitting N-CR and N-CR/A filings, filers that are unregistered money market funds can optionally provide values for the following fields:
- Filer Investment Company Type
- Series ID
- Class (Contract) ID
- Submission form types 10-Q, NT 10-K, and NT 10-Q will be updated to include a new required field "Accelerated Filer Status." In addition, EDGAR will also be updated to accommodate the accelerated filing deadlines for these periodic reports as per Release No. 33-8644 (Revisions to Accelerated Filer Definition and Accelerated Deadlines for Filing Periodic Reports).
- Submission form types ABS-EE and ABS-EE/A will be updated to require a new date format of MM-DD-YYYY for the following Asset Class Items:
- CMBS Asset Class: Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) Item 2(c)(12), First Loan Payment Due Date
- Debt Securities Asset Class: Debt Securities, Item 5(f)(3), Demand Resolution Date
These form types will also be updated to allow whole integer numbers for certain specified decimal fields. For more information, see the updated "EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification" document located on the SEC’s Public Website (http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar.shtml).
- A Large Trader whose most recent 13H submission was a 13H-I (Inactive) will be able to subsequently submit a 13H-T (Termination), regardless of the elapsed time.
- Documentation only corrections relating to XBRL were made to Chapter 5, "Constructing Attached Documents and Document Types" and Chapter 6 "Interactive Data" of the EDGAR Filer Manual: Volume II.
On August 29, 2016, EDGAR Release 16.2.4 introduced the following change:
- EDGAR was updated to include two new submission form types – N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A – to incorporate the amendments to Form N-MFP adopted by the Commission on September 16, 2015. These two new submission form types will be accepted from the EDGAR Filing Website via filer-constructed XML submissions, as described in the "EDGAR Form N-MFP2 XML Technical Specification" document available on the SEC’s Public Website (http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar.shtml).
- EDGAR will only accept TEST submissions for submission form types N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A until October 13, 2016.
- Beginning October 14, 2016, submission form types N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A will be accepted as LIVE or TEST submissions.
- Filers will be prevented from submitting existing submission form type N-MFP1 beginning October 14, 2016.
- Filers will be prevented from submitting existing submission form type N-MFP1/A beginning October 14, 2017.
- Download the Draft EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) EDGAR Filing (Version 38) (compressed folder)