Whether you are a small business searching for capital to continue operations during this time or you are looking to start a business, we know that finding resources can be challenging. The SEC is responding to COVID-19 challenges faced by businesses and their investors, including temporary, conditional relief for companies to raise capital via Regulation Crowdfunding, extended filing deadlines for Regulation Crowdfunding and Regulation A issuers and providing relief from the Form ID notarization requirement for filings with the SEC’s EDGAR system. Below are links to third-party resources that the Office of the Advocate for Small Business Capital Formation has compiled that we hope will be helpful:
- Federal Relief Programs for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 — Visit the U.S. Small Business Administration’s dedicated COVID-19 relief webpage, which includes information on the new Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Loan Advance Program.
- Local Business Development and Capital Funding Resources — Reach out to your nearest Small Business Development Center run by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Pro Bono Legal Resources for Small Businesses — Lawyers for Good Government Foundation (L4GG), a nonprofit network of over 125,000 attorneys across the country, has launched a remote legal clinic to support small business owners navigating COVID-19 challenges.
- Health Guidance from the CDC — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has compiled resources for businesses and employers to help in planning, preparing, and responding to COVID-19.
In addition, the following organizations have curated lists of resources offered by advocacy groups, organizations, businesses, and government agencies:
- American Bar Association’s COVID-19 Articles and Resources
- Entrepreneurship for All’s COVID-19 Entrepreneur Resource List
- Forbes’ Small Business Relief Tracker
- Hello Alice's COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Kauffman Foundation’s Guide to Helping Small Businesses Navigate and Recover from the COVID-19 Crisis
- NASAA’s COVID-19 Updates from State and Provincial Securities Regulators
- National Association of Manufacturer’s COVID-19 Resources
- National Venture Capital Association’s Coronavirus Information and Resources for VCs and Startups
- Public Private Strategies' COVID-19 Resources for Employers
- The National 8a Association Resources and Information for Small Businesses
- U.S. Chamber’s Coronavirus Small Business Survival Guide
- U.S. Department of Labor’s COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Assistance for Small Businesses webpage.
We will be updating this page regularly, and we welcome suggestions for additional resources and content via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Office will also continue to host virtual events spotlighting issues and resources available to support the broad range of small businesses and their investors who are navigating the new environment created by COVID-19.
Note: The content of any external links on this webpage to non-Federal Agency websites is not endorsed by the Federal Government, the SEC, or the Office of the Advocate for Small Business Capital Formation, and it is not subject to Federal information quality, privacy, security, and related guidelines.