Skip to main content

Contact Information

Whom to Contact about Your Question or Concern

May 8, 2014

I want to learn more about investments, markets or financial professionals.

The SEC has a special website,, designed specifically for individual investors. Here you can find a wealth of information about markets, investing and other topics.

I have a question or complaint about my investments or financial professional.

If you have a question or problem concerning your investments, investment account, or a financial professional, please see Investor Complaints and Questions.

I want to report a possible securities fraud.

If you would like to provide us information about fraud or wrongdoing involving potential violations of the securities laws, please see Enforcement Tips and Complaints.

I have a question or concern about the SEC itself.

For example, suppose you contacted the SEC about an investment and now have a question or concern about the SEC’s handling of your inquiry. In that case, you should contact the Office of the Investor Advocate:

U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
Office of the Investor Advocate
100 F Street, NE
Washington, DC 20549
(202) 551-3302

Return to Top