Removal of 2020 Taxonomies
May 24, 2022
On June 21, 2022, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval (EDGAR) system will be upgraded to Release 22.2, and the 2020 versions of the taxonomies below will no longer be accepted in the EDGAR system. All 2021 and 2022 versions of these taxonomies will be available for use. As a reminder, filers must use the same version year for all of the taxonomies in an EDGAR submission and cannot combine taxonomy versions from different years.
- U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- SEC Reporting Taxonomy (SRT)
- Countries (COUNTRY)
- Currencies (CURRENCY)
- Document and Entity Information (DEI)
- Exchanges (EXCH)
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Risk/Return (RR)
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC)
- State and Province (STPR)
* All versions of the Closed-End Fund (CEF) and Variable Insurance Product (VIP) taxonomies will continue to be accepted in the EDGAR system.
Please see https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edgartaxonomies.shtml for a complete listing of supported standard taxonomies.
The staff strongly encourages companies to use the most recent version of taxonomy releases for their XBRL filings to take advantage of the most up-to-date tags related to new accounting standards and other improvements.