EDGAR Release 19.1 Software Upgrade
March 11, 2019
On March 11, 2019, EDGAR Release 19.1 will introduce the following changes:
See Chapter 5 (Maintenance of Company Data), Chapter 6 (Interactive Data), and Appendix E (Automated Conformance Rules for EDGAR Data Fields) of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing."
- In Release 33-10514, adopted June 28, 2018, the Commission revised the requirements surrounding Inline XBRL:
- The list of submissions that allow the primary document to be in Inline XBRL format is expanded to include submission form types S-1, S-1/A, S-1MEF, S-3, S-3/A, S-3ASR, S-3D, S-3DPOS, S-3MEF, S-4, S-4/A, S-4EF, S-4MEF, S-4 POS, S-11, S-11/A, S-11MEF, F-1, F-1/A, F-1MEF, F-3, F-3/A, F-3ASR, F-3D, F-3DPOS, F-3MEF, F-4, F-4/A, F-4EF, F-4MEF, F-4 POS, F-10, F-10/A, F-10EF, F-10POS, 485APOS, 485BPOS, 485BXT, 497, N-1A, and N-1A/A.
- Tagged content can appear in more than one Inline XBRL formatted attachment on a single submission.
- EX-100 Voluntary XBRL attachments will no longer be allowed for EDGAR submissions.
- Edits to Section 6.13 of the “EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing” will relax certain rendering requirements and related validations for mutual fund prospectus risk/return summaries that are formatted with Inline XBRL. Filers will not be required to reproduce the layout, ordering, and formatting of each Filing Summary using custom linkbases and text blocks with “embedded” tables. Validation errors that would otherwise be produced related to the display of numbers in bar charts and other rendering-related requirements will be relaxed. Submissions without Inline XBRL remain unaffected by these simplifications.
- In Release 33-10591 adopted December 19, 2018, the Commission amended Item 2 of submission form types DOS, DOS/A, 1-A, 1-A/A, and 1-A POS. See Chapter 8 (Preparing and Transmitting Online Submissions) of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing."
- The Schedule B tab in submission form types MA-A and MA/A will be displayed when Schedule B information is present from the most recent MA, MA-A, and MA/A filings, regardless of how a filer responded to the “Does applicant have any indirect owners to be reported on Schedule B?” field on Schedule A for the initial MA filing. See Chapter 8 (Preparing and Transmitting Online Submissions) of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing."
- EDGAR will be updated to support the US GAAP 2019, 2019 Exchange, 2019 Currency, and SRT 2019 taxonomies. Please see https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edgartaxonomies.shtml for a complete list of supported standard taxonomies.
Release 19.1 will also introduce changes to the following Technical Specifications:
For more information, see the updated "EDGAR Form N-PORT XML Technical Specification" document available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/tech-specs).
For more information, see the updated "EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification" document available on the SEC's Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/tech-specs).
- The N-PORT schema will be updated with the following changes:
- Added Item B.2.f
- Revised Items B.8 and C.7
- Updated valid values for the <ITEM_CATEGORY_TYPE> element for Part E
- The schema for submission form types ABS-EE and ABS-EE/A will be updated to allow “98-Other” as a valid value for the following RMBS asset data types:
- Item 1(e)(7) OBLGR_INCM_VRFCTN_LVL_CODE_TYPE
- Item 1(e)(11) OBLGR_EMPLOY_VRFCTN_CODE_TYPE
- Item 1(e)(13) OBLGR_ASSET_VRFCTN_CODE_TYPE
If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade, please contact Filer Support at (202) 551-8900 (Option 3).