EDGAR Release 16.3 Software Upgrade
Sept. 19, 2016
On September 19, 2016, EDGAR Release 16.3 introduced the following changes:
- An unregistered money market fund will now be able to file a report on submission form types N-CR and N-CR/A. When submitting N-CR and N-CR/A filings, filers that are unregistered money market funds can optionally provide values for the following fields:
- Filer Investment Company Type
- Series ID
- Class (Contract) ID
- ABS-EE Asset Data schemas will be updated to change the date format from MM/YYYY to MM-DD-YYYY for the following Asset Class Items:
In addition, the codes and descriptions referencing CMSA will be updated to reference CREFC for the following Asset Class Items:
- CMBS Asset Class: Item 2(c)(12), First Loan Payment Due Date
- Debt Securities Asset Class: Item 5(f)(3), Demand Resolution Date
- CMBS Asset Class: Item 2(d)(28)(xii), Net Operating Income Net Cash Flow Securitization Code
- CMBS Asset Class: Item 2(d)(28)(xiii), Net Operating Income Net Cash Flow Code
- A Large Trader whose most recent 13H submission was a 13H-I (Inactive) will be able to subsequently submit a 13H-T (Termination), regardless of the elapsed time.
- On August 29, 2016, the EDGAR system was upgraded to Release 16.2.4 to include two new submission form types – N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A – to incorporate the amendments to Form N-MFP adopted by the Commission on September 16, 2015.
Filers will construct their submissions using the “EDGAR Form N-MFP2 XML Technical Specification” document located on the SEC’s Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/tech-specs).
Following Release 16.2.4, filers currently are allowed to make only TEST N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A filings. Starting on the October 14, 2016 compliance date for the form amendments, EDGAR will begin accepting LIVE N-MFP2 and N-MFP2/A filings and will prevent filers from submitting existing submission form type N-MFP1. Filers will further be prevented from submitting submission form type N-MFP1/A beginning on October 14, 2017
For more information, see the updated “EDGAR ABS XML Technical Specification” document located on the SEC’s Public Website (https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/tech-specs).
If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade, please contact Filer Support at (202) 551-8900 (Option 3).