About the Office
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) provides leadership for the strategic management of the SEC's human capital by administering programs, establishing policies, and ensuring compliance with federal regulations. It also serves as the agency's liaison to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other federal government agencies, professional human resources organizations, educational institutions, and the private sector in matters relating to human capital management activities.
OHR develops, implements, and evaluates the SEC's programs and policies for the following areas:
- Recruitment, staffing, retention, and separations
- Position management and classification
- Compensation and benefits counseling and processing
- Leadership and employee development
- Performance management and awards
- Labor relations
- Disability program
- Work/life programs
- Employee records processing and maintenance
- OHR Main Line: 202-551-7500 (including Employment Verifications)
Contact the Office
SEC Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) administered the 2017 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in May and June of 2017. The positive survey results reflect the culmination of a successful, multi-year effort by our employees and leadership teams to work together to create an environment that fosters employee engagement and supports the SEC’s commitment to excellence in our work on behalf of America’s investors and our markets. The SEC’s results demonstrated continued improvement in all areas of the FEVS, with all but two of the 71 core survey items either increasing or remaining stable. We are very pleased by the SEC’s strong employee engagement scores as measured by the most important FEVS indices, which were the agency’s highest ever and some of the highest in the federal government:
- In the Global Satisfaction Index, our positive score of 81% was the highest score among both Large and Medium-sized agencies.
- In the Employee Engagement Index, our average of 77% ranked third among all Medium-sized agencies, and was tied for the largest increase from 2016 (4% points).
- In the New IQ Index (Leader Effectiveness Index), our average of 70% ranked third among all Medium-sized agencies, and tied with one other agency for the largest increase (5% points).
With respect to individual survey items, we are especially proud that our highest scores are representative of our employees’ commitment to the SEC mission: “When needed, I’m willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done” (98% positive); “I am constantly looking for ways to do my job better” (92% positive); and “The work I do is important” (91% positive).
SEC Chairman Jay Clayton commented, “The results of the 2017 FEVS confirm what I have witnessed first-hand since joining the SEC – our talented employees are fully committed to the agency’s mission. They are our most valuable asset, and are fundamental to the agency’s effectiveness and success. Thank you to all of the employees who participated in the survey, and the collaborative efforts between management and the SEC employees and their representatives to build a strong and dedicated organization.”
Results from previous years: