About the Office
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) provides leadership for the strategic management of the SEC's human capital by administering programs, establishing policies, and ensuring compliance with federal regulations. It also serves as the agency's liaison to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other federal government agencies, professional human resources organizations, educational institutions, and the private sector in matters relating to human capital management activities.
OHR develops, implements, and evaluates the SEC's programs and policies for the following areas:
- Recruitment, staffing, retention, and separations
- Position management and classification
- Compensation and benefits counseling and processing
- Leadership and employee development
- Performance management and awards
- Labor relations
- Disability program
- Work/life programs
- Employee records processing and maintenance
- OHR Main Line: 202-551-7500 (including Employment Verifications)
Contact the Office
SEC Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) administered the 2018 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in May and June of 2018. We are very pleased that our survey results demonstrate continued improvement in some of the most important areas of employee engagement and organizational health. After six years of continual improvement, reaching record highs in 2017, we continued to improve on those numbers in 2018:
- In the Global Satisfaction Index, our positive score of 82% (+1% from 2017) was the highest score among all Medium, Large, and Very Large agencies.
- In the New IQ Index (Leader Effectiveness Index), our average of 71% (+2% from 2017) tied the SEC with one other agency for second highest among all Medium, Large, and Very Large agencies.
- In the Employee Engagement Index our positive score was 78%, up 1% from 2017.
- The SEC’s Overall FEVS Average was 74%, up 1% from 2017.
With respect to individual survey items, we are especially proud that our highest scores are representative of our employees’ commitment to the SEC mission: “When needed, I’m willing to put in the extra effort to get the job done” (98% positive); “I am constantly looking for ways to do my job better” (92% positive); and “The work I do is important” (92% positive). Additionally, 76% of employees who participated in the 2018 FEVS, the second highest response rate among all Medium, Large, and Very Large agencies.
SEC Chairman Jay Clayton said, “We are very proud of these results, which reflect several years of managers and staff working together as a team toward this remarkable achievement. The results demonstrate our commitment to the agency and our critical mission of protecting investors, ensuring that our markets are fair and efficient, and facilitating capital formation, as well as to the employees who continue to be our most important and effective resource in pursuing that mission.”
Results from previous years: