POSTPONED: Spotlight on Transparency: A Discussion of Secondary Market Municipal Securities Disclosure Practices
Registration is Free and Easy
For in-person attendance, please register here. For those not attending in person, the event will be webcast through www.sec.gov.
This event will be webcast. Registration is not required for those viewing virtually. A link to the webcast will be available on sec.gov and the conference website the day of the conference
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Registration and Networking (Coffee Provided)
[+]9:30 – 9:45 a.m. | Opening Remarks
- Jay Clayton, Chairman, SEC
- Allison Herren Lee, Commissioner, SEC
- Rebecca Olsen, Director, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
[+]9:45 – 10:45 a.m. | Panel 1: Voluntary Disclosure Practices in the Secondary Market
A discussion of municipal issuer and conduit borrower voluntary disclosure practices in the secondary market.
- Moderator: Adam Wendell, Senior Special Counsel, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
- Chris Meister, Executive Director, Illinois Finance Authority
- James Mclntyre, Director of Capital Markets, New York State Homes and Community Renewal
- Jennifer Brown, Director of Finance, City of Sugar Land, Texas
- Stacey Lewis, Partner, Pacifica Law Group
10:45 – 10:55 a.m. | Break
[+]10:55 – 11:55 a.m. | Panel 2: Perspectives from the Buy Side
A discussion of secondary market disclosure from perspective of the buy side.
- Moderator: Ahmed Abonamah, Deputy Director, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
- Hugh McGuirk, Portfolio Manager, T.Rowe Price
- Maryann Santos, General Counsel, Capital One Public Funding, LLC
- Nicole Byrd, Senior Investment Professional, Nationwide Mutual Insurance
- Sandy Pae Goldstein, Director, Fundamental Credit Opportunities
12 – 1:15 p.m. | Lunch Break
[+]1:15 – 1:50 p.m. | Discussion with Commissioner Hester Peirce and Commissioner Elad Roisman
Moderator: Rebecca Olsen, Director, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
[+]1:50 – 2:50 p.m. | Panel 3: Rule 15c2-12: Retrospective Review on Recent Amendments
A discussion from the perspectives of municipal market participants of the impact of the recent Rule 15c2-12 amendments.
- Moderator: Rebecca Olsen, Director, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
- Brandon Pond, Attorney, Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson P.S.
- Kathleen Miles, Chief Counsel, Public Finance, The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Mark Kim, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, MSRB
- Megan Kilgore, City Auditor, City of Columbus, Ohio
2:50 – 3 p.m. | Break
[+]3 – 4 p.m. | Panel 4: Secondary Market Disclosure Hot Topics
A discussion of hot topics in the area of secondary market disclosure.
- Moderator: Mary Simpkins, Senior Special Counsel, Office of Municipal Securities, SEC
- Adam Stern, Senior Vice President and Co-Head of Research, Breckinridge Capital Advisors
- Dan Deaton, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Lisa Washburn, Managing Director, Municipal Market Analytics, Inc.
- Patrick Brett, Managing Director, Citigroup
- Robert Lamb, President, Lamont Financial Services Corporation
March 10, 2020
9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
100 F Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20549
Contact the Office of Municipal Securities at (202) 551-5680 or here.
For media inquiries,
Contact SEC Office of Public Affairs at (202) 551-4120
Modified: March 9, 2020