Supplier Diversity Business Management System
Jan. 16, 2018
The Supplier Diversity Business Management System (SDBMS) serves as the central repository of general business information and statements of capabilities provided by Minority-Owned, Women-Owned, and/or Small Businesses (i.e., 8(a)-certified, small, small disadvantaged, women-owned small, service-disabled veteran-owned small, and HUBZone certified businesses) interested in doing business with the SEC. The information in the SDBMS is used to source diverse vendors for market research purposes in developing agency business requirements. OMWI also uses the SDBMS to send vendors information about SEC supplier diversity initiatives.
Vendors appropriate for inclusion in the SDBMS fall within one or more of the above-mentioned socio-economic business classifications, and provide services or goods that the SEC has historically procured. The major areas for SEC contracting, using the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) categories, include:
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services
- Management, Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- Legal Services
- Data Processing, Hosting and Related Services
- Other Information Services
- Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- Employment Services
- Investigation and Security Services
- Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- Agencies, Brokerages, and Other Insurance Related Activities
This is not an exhaustive list of all SEC purchases, and represents the top contract award categories.
If your company falls under one or more of the above-mentioned socio-economic business classifications, provides goods and/or services that the SEC has historically procured, and is interested in doing business with the SEC, please create a vendor profile.