EDGAR Public Dissemination Service (PDS) System
Dec. 15, 2015
The EDGAR Public Dissemination Service (PDS) System became operational on November 1, 1998, to provide the public an accurate, complete and fast method of obtaining all accepted and valid EDGAR filings. This privatized PDS System is managed by Attain, LLC and is the primary source to receive a dedicated feed of all public EDGAR filings. Subscribers are required to enter into a paid Subscription Agreement with Attain, LLC to access this service.
PDS subscriber services include:
- Transmission by Internet connection of all public filings acquired and accepted by EDGAR as soon as reasonably feasible following receipt of filing data by the PDS.
- Additional Single or multiple public feed options.
- Tracking of all files sent and received.
- Re-transmission of public filings that failed to be successfully delivered to subscribers due to problems encountered during connection and/or transmission to subscribers.
- A failover system that provides delivery of public filings from an alternative PDS server in the event service from the primary PDS sever becomes unavailable.
- Access to archived data of all recently accepted and transmitted filings.
- Six hours of support per year from the PDS Helpdesk.
For more information please contact:
Contracts and Business Support:
EDGAR Public Dissemination Service New Subscriber Document
The EDGAR PDS New Subscriber Document (updated 04/08/2019) provides configuration, testing, maintenance, and billing information to potential and existing subscribers of the EDGAR public dissemination service feed. This document was updated to reflect modifications to the EDGAR system to ensure that EDGAR filings are available to the public on the SEC website before such filings are made available to the public dissemination system (PDS).
EDGAR Public Dissemination Subsystem Technical Specification Document
The EDGAR PDS Technical Specification Document (updated 12/14/2020) describes the format for the various files disseminated to EDGAR subscribers. It also provides the definitions for each element in the file. This document was updated to reflect modifications to the EDGAR system to ensure that EDGAR filings are available to the public on the SEC website before such filings are made available to the public dissemination system (PDS).