EDGAR Release 20.3
Sept. 14, 2020
On September 21, 2020, EDGAR Release 20.3 will introduce the following changes:
- EDGAR will be updated to add the following new submission form types, as contemplated by Commission Release 33-10765, adopted March 11, 2020:
- 497VPI: Initial summary prospectus for variable contracts filed pursuant to Securities Act Rule 497(k)
- 497VPU: Updating summary prospectus for variable contracts filed pursuant to Securities Act Rule 497(k)
- N-VP: Notice Document for Certain Variable Contracts
- N-VP/A: Amendment to Notice Document for Certain Variable Contracts
- N-VPFS: Financial Statements for Certain Variable Contracts
- N-VPFS/A: Amendment to Financial Statements for Certain Variable Contracts
The new submission form types will be accessible by selecting the “EDGARLink Online Form Submission” link on the EDGAR Filing Website. Additionally, filers may construct XML submissions for these submission form types by following the "EDGARLink Online XML Technical Specification" document available on https://www.sec.gov/edgar/filer-information/current-edgar-technical-specifications. See Chapter 3 (Index to Forms) and Appendix C (EDGAR Submission Types) of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing."
- As part of Commission Release 33-10765, new exhibits for Forms N-3, N-4, and N-6 will be made available on EDGARLink Online. Filers have the option to attach these new exhibits in official HTML or ASCII format (and unofficially in PDF format) on Forms N-3, N-4, and N-6. See Appendix E (Automated Conformance Rules for EDGAR Data Fields) of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing."
- As of September 21, 2020, EDGAR will no longer accept the following form types due to the Commission's rescission of the following form types: N-1, N-1/A, N-27E-1, N-27E-1/A, N-27F-1, and N-27F-1/A.
- Submission form types N-CEN and N-CEN/A will be updated to include the following changes:
- Added new sub-item “k. Rule 6c-11 (17 CFR 270.6c-11)” to Item C.7
- Updated the static “Instruction” in Item E.2
For more information see the “EDGAR Form N-CEN XML Technical Specification” document available on https://www.sec.gov/edgar/filer-information/current-edgar-technical-specifications.
- EDGAR will be updated to allow filers to “mark changed material” by redlining changed content in inline XBRL submissions for the following submission form types:
10-K, 10-K/A, 10-KT, 10-KT/A, 10-Q, 10-Q/A, 10-QT, 10-QT/A, 10-12B, 10-12B/A, 10-12G, 10-12G/A, 8-K, 8-K/A, 8-K12B, 8-K12B/A, 8-K12G3, 8-K12G3/A, 8-K15D5, 8-K15D5/A, 20-F, 20-F/A, 20FR12B, 20FR12B/A, 20FR12G, 20FR12G/A, 40-F, 40-F/A, 40FR12B, 40FR12B/A, 40FR12G, 40FR12G/A, 6-K, 6-K/A, SP 15D2, SP 15D2/A, POS AM, POS EX, POSASR, S-1, S-1/A, S-1MEF, S-3, S-3/A, S-3ASR, S-3D, S-3DPOS, S-3MEF, S-4, S-4/A, S-4EF, S-4MEF, S-4 POS, S-11, S-11/A, S-11MEF, F-1, F-1/A, F-1MEF, F-3, F-3/A, F-3ASR, F-3D, F-3DPOS, F-3MEF, F-4, F-4/A, F-4EF, F-4MEF, F-4 POS, F-10, F-10/A, F-10EF, F-10POS, 485BPOS, 497, 485APOS, 485BXT, N-1A, N-1A/A. See Chapter 5 (Constructing Attached Documents and Document Types) of the “EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II: EDGAR Filing.”
- EDGAR will disallow the IFRS-2018 taxonomy, DEI-2018 taxonomy, and Risk Return Taxonomy 2018 linkbases (presentation, calculation, and definition links). Please see https://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edgartaxonomies.shtml for a complete list of supported standard taxonomies in EDGAR
If you have any questions, please contact Filer Support at (202) 551-8900 (Option 3).