The Chair’s Attorney Honors Program is a highly sought after federal entry-level attorney hiring program. The program is a two-year structured program opened to U.S. citizens, which secures employment for current 3L students and entry-level attorneys currently serving a judicial clerkship. Upon graduation, 3L students begin employment with the SEC as law clerks. Participants may be converted to an entry-level attorney position after admittance to a state bar association. Judicial clerks selected for the program will begin employment after they have completed their clerkship. The two-year developmental program will provide:
- Documented performance plans
- Individual Development Plans
- Formal training designed by the SEC University
- Rotational assignments within the respective Division or Office
Specific Division/Offices will be identified in the Job Opportunity Announcement.
*Regional offices primarily represent the Division of Enforcement and the Division of Examinations.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a current third-year (3L) law student*; current joint-degree law student* or; entry-level attorney employed as a legal fellow, judicial clerkship, PMF or PMF finalist.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
* Current 3L law students must graduate prior to the start of the program to be considered eligible. Current joint-degree law students must complete all academic requirements for both degrees and graduate from both programs prior to the start of the program.
A general timeline is as follows:
August 1, 2022 – September 13, 2022
September – December 2022
March - September 2023
Enter on Duty
August - October 2023
***Timeline is subject to change without notice. ***
How to Apply
Opportunities will be posted on https://www.usajobs.gov/ when they are available. Chair’s Attorney Honors Program opportunities will be posted as Law Clerk (Chair’s Attorney Honors Program) or Attorney-Advisor (Chair’s Attorney Honors Program).
We strongly encourage you to sign up to receive USAJobs notifications to ensure you do not miss the application window.
Opportunities will also be linked below when available.
Upcoming Information Sessions
The meeting number and dial-in information is the same for all sessions.
Meeting number: 2761 473 2576
Join by phone
+1-929-251-9612 USA Toll 2
+1-415-527-5035 US Toll
Access code: 276 147 32576
Need more information? Email HarleyN@SEC.GOV for assistance.
Modified: Aug. 25, 2022