SEC Announces Agenda for August 2 Meeting of the Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington D.C., July 28, 2016 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission will hold a meeting of the Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee on August 2, beginning at 9:30 a.m. EDT. The Commission established the advisory committee to provide a formal mechanism through which the Commission can receive advice and recommendations on equity market structure issues.
The meeting will focus on recommendations related to market quality and customer issues, as well as updates from the subcommittees. The recommendations are available on the SEC’s website.
The meeting will be held at the SEC’s headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C., and is open to the public. It also will be webcast live on the SEC’s website, www.sec.gov, and will be archived on the website for later viewing.
Members of the public who wish to provide their views on the matters to be considered by the advisory committee may submit comments electronically or on paper. Please submit comments using one method only. Information that is submitted will become part of the public record of the meeting.
Send paper submissions in triplicate to Brent Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 265-29, and the file number should be included on the subject line if e-mail is used.
9:30 a.m. Welcoming Remarks
- SEC Chair Mary Jo White, Commissioners, and Division of Trading and Markets Associate Director David Shillman
10:00 a.m. Market Quality Subcommittee Recommendations to the Committee
- Recommendations Relating to Market Quality
10:10 a.m. Consideration and Discussion of Recommendations Relating to Market Quality
- James Angel, Associate Professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Stacey Cunningham, Chief Operating Officer, NYSE Group
- Venu Palaparthi, Senior V.P. - Compliance, Regulatory, and Government Affairs, Virtu Financial
- John Zecca, Senior V.P. - MarketWatch, NASDAQ
11:30 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. Customer Issues Subcommittee Recommendations to the Committee
- Recommendations Relating to Customer Issues
12:40 p.m. Consideration and Discussion of Recommendations Relating to Customer Issues
- Bill Alpert, Senior Editor, Barron’s
- Frank Hatheway, Senior V.P. & Chief Economist, NASDAQ
- Chris Nagy, Director, Healthy Markets Association
2:00 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Regulation NMS Subcommittee Status Report to the Committee
2:45 p.m. Trading Venues Regulation Subcommittee Status Report to the Committee
3:15 p.m. Discussion of Next Steps/ Adjournment