SEC Announces Agenda and Panelists for Inaugural Roundtable of Financial Reporting Series
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C., Nov. 3, 2011 – The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced the agenda and panelists for next week’s inaugural public roundtable of the Financial Reporting Series.
The November 8 roundtable entitled “Measurement Uncertainty in Financial Reporting” – announced last month – will feature three panels discussing the extent to which financial reporting should include measurement uncertainties, and the information that investors find important to understanding and assessing those uncertainties. The SEC staff has previously prepared a briefing paper highlighting the issues to be considered at the roundtable discussion.
The roundtable will begin at 10 a.m. in the multi-purpose room at the SEC’s Washington D.C. headquarters with public seating on a first-come, first-served basis. The event also will be viewable by live webcast on the SEC website, and will be archived for later viewing.
Members of the public who wish to provide their views on the matters to be considered at the roundtable discussion may submit comments through one of the following methods:
Use the SEC’s Internet comment form or send an e-mail to email@example.com and include File Number 4-640 on the subject line.
Send paper submissions in triplicate to Elizabeth M. Murphy, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549-1090, and refer to File Number 4-640.
Any comments submitted will be made available to the public.
# # #
- SEC Chief Accountant, James Kroeker
Remarks by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- James Doty, Chairman, PCAOB
- Marc Siegel, Board Member, FASB
10:15 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
- James Kroeker, Chief Accountant, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mike Starr, Deputy Chief Accountant, Securities and Exchange Commission
- James Doty, Chairman, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (Panels I and II)
- Jay Hanson, Board Member, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (Panel III)
- Marc Siegel, Board Member, Financial Accounting Standards Board
10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Panel I Discussion
- Loretta Cangialosi, Senior Vice President and Controller, Pfizer Inc.
- Anna Dopkin, Co-Director of U. S. Research, T. Rowe Price
- Gary Kabureck, Vice President & Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corp.
- Adam Litke, Chief Risk Strategist, Bloomberg L.P.
- Jennifer Paquette, Chief Investment Officer, Colorado PERA
- Stephen Penman, Professor, Columbia University
- Scott Siefers, Managing Director, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P.
- Pinto Suri, Investment Counsel, Flaherty & Crumrine Inc.
Panel II Discussion
- Christopher Begg, Chief Executive Officer, East Coast Asset Management, Inc.
- Terri Campbell, Senior Investment Officer, Liberty Mutual Group Asset Management, Inc.
- Patrick Drum, Financial Advisor, The Arbor Group at UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Steve Glover, Professor, Brigham Young University
- Joseph Longino, Principal, Sandler O'Neill + Partners, L.P.
- Paul Munter, Partner, KPMG LLP
- Mark Newsome, Managing Director, ING Capital LLC
- Gary Walsh, Principal, Luther King Capital Management
Panel III Discussion
- Dorsey Baskin, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Gerry Czarnecki, Chairman, O2 Media, Inc.
- Mike Gallagher, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Liz Gantnier, Director Quality Control, Stegman & Company Professional Association
- Diann Gross, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Bradley Hunkler, Vice President and Controller, Western & Southern Financial Group, Inc.
- Janet Pegg, Managing Director, UBS Securities LLC
- Kevin Spataro, Senior Vice-President, Allstate Insurance Company