SEC Staff Announce Panelists for March 6th Roundtable on International Financial Reporting Standards "Roadmap"
Discussions to be Webcast in Real Time
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C., March 2, 2007 - The Securities and Exchange Commission announced today the details for the upcoming roundtable on the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) "roadmap." John W. White, Director, Division of Corporation Finance, will open the meeting at 10:00 a.m. Professor Hal S. Scott of Harvard Law School will introduce SEC Chairman Christopher Cox and European Commissioner for the Internal Market and Services Charlie McCreevy who will each provide opening remarks for the roundtable.
The roundtable itself will feature panel discussions by a broad range of stakeholders in the US capital markets. The following expected panelists will discuss topics related to the potential effects of a co-existence of IFRS and US GAAP models in the US capital markets.
|10:45 am || The Effect on the Capital Raising Process in the US Capital Markets
- J. Richard Blackett, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc.
- Neri Bukspan, Standard & Poor's
- Nicolas Grabar, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- David B. Kaplan, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Roberta Karmel, Brooklyn Law School
- Catherine R. Kinney, NYSE Group Inc.
- Ken Pott, Morgan Stanley
- Samuel J. Ranzilla, KPMG LLP
|1:45 pm || The Effect on Investors in the US Capital Markets
- Trevor Harris, Morgan Stanley
- Dennis Johnson, CalPERS
- Gregory J. Jonas, Moody's Investors Services
- Joseph P. Joseph, Putnam Investments
- Christian Leuz, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago
- Joel S. Osnoss, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Stephen M. Todd, Ernst & Young Global
|3:45 pm || The Effect on Issuers in the US Capital Markets
- Meredith B. Cross, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Robert V. Deere, Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Denis Duverne, AXA
- Phillip R. Jones, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Donald T. Nicolaisen, Member of various Boards of Directors and Audit Committees
- William F. Widdowson, UBS AG
The roundtable will take place on March 6, 2007, from 10:00 a.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m., E.S.T., at Commission headquarters, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C., and will be open to the public with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors will open at 9:00 a.m., E.S.T. Visitors will be subject to security checks.
Materials related to the roundtable including the day's agenda and a list of participants are accessible at http://www.sec.gov/spotlight/ifrsroadmap.htm. Real time audio and video webcasts will be accessible at http://www.sec.gov/news/otherwebcasts.shtml.
For additional information, please contact John Heine, SEC Office of Public Affairs, at 202-551-4123.