SEC Monitoring Impact of Hurricane Dorian on Capital Markets
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington D.C., Aug. 30, 2019 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission is closely monitoring the impact of Hurricane Dorian on investors and capital markets.
The SEC divisions and offices that oversee companies, accountants, investment advisers, mutual funds, brokerage firms, transfer agents, and other regulated entities and investment professionals will continue to closely track developments. They will evaluate the possibility of granting relief from filing deadlines and other regulatory requirements for those affected by the storm. Entities and investment professionals affected by Hurricane Dorian are encouraged to contact Commission staff with questions and concerns:
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations staff in the Commission's Miami Regional Office can be reached by phone at 305-982-6300 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations staff in the Commission's Atlanta Regional Office can be reached by phone at 404-842-7600 or email at email@example.com
- Division of Corporation Finance staff can be reached by phone at 202-551-3500 or via online submission at www.sec.gov/forms/corp_fin_interpretive
- Division of Investment Management staff can be reached by phone at 202-551-6825 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Trading and Markets staff can be reached by phone at 202-551-5777 or email at email@example.com
- Office of Municipal Securities staff can be reached by phone at 202-551-5680 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals experiencing problems accessing their securities accounts or with similar questions or concerns relating to the hurricane are encouraged to contact the SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy by phone at 1-800-SEC-0330 or email at email@example.com.
Investors should be vigilant for Hurricane Dorian-related securities scams and check the background of anyone offering them an investment by using the free and simple search tool on Investor.gov. The Division of Enforcement will vigorously prosecute those who attempt to defraud victims of the storm. The SEC is asking investors to report any suspicious solicitations at www.sec.gov/complaint/tipscomplaint.shtml.