SEC Announces Agenda for April 5 Meeting of the Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington D.C., March 30, 2017—
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced its Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee will meet on April 5 beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET. The Commission established the advisory committee to provide a formal mechanism through which the Commission can receive advice and recommendations on equity market structure issues.
The meeting will include updates from the four subcommittees, including presentations from the Regulation NMS subcommittee on Rule 611 and the Trading Venues Regulation subcommittee on SRO rule-based limitations of liability and regulatory centralization.
The meeting will be held at the SEC’s headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C., and is open to the public. It also will be webcast live on the SEC’s website, www.sec.gov, and will be archived on the website for later viewing.
Members of the public who wish to provide their views on the matters to be considered by the advisory committee may submit comments electronically or on paper. Please submit comments using one method only. Information that is submitted will become part of the public record of the meeting.
Send paper submissions in triplicate to Brent Fields, Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20549-1090.
All submissions should refer to File Number 265-29, and the file number should be included on the subject line if e-mail is used.
SEC Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee
April 5, 2017
9:30 a.m. Welcoming Remarks by Acting SEC Chair Piwowar, Commissioner Stein, and Acting Director of Trading and Markets, Heather Seidel
10:00 a.m. Regulation NMS Subcommittee Presentation and Preliminary Recommendations Relating to Rule 611
10:10 a.m. Discussion of Rule 611 and Preliminary Recommendations
- Jeff Brown, SVP, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs, Charles Schwab
- Charles Jones, Professor of Finance & Economics, Columbia Business School
- Adam Nunes, Head of Business Development, Hudson River Trading
- Paul Russo, Global Co-COO - Equities, Goldman Sachs
- Thomas Wittman, EVP for Global Equities & CEO, NASDAQ/PHLX/ISE/BX Exchanges
11:30 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. Trading Venues Regulation Subcommittee Presentation on Regulatory Centralization and Preliminary Recommendations Relating to SRO Rule-Based Limitations of Liability
12:40 p.m. Discussion of Regulatory Centralization and Preliminary Recommendations
- Anthony Albanese, Chief Regulatory Officer, NYSE
- Lev Bagramian, Senior Securities Policy Advisor, Better Markets, Inc.
- Thomas Gira, EVP, Market Regulation & Transparency Services, FINRA
- John Kerin, CEO & President, Chicago Stock Exchange
- Brett Redfearn, Global Head of Equity Market Structure Strategy, JP Morgan Securities
2:00 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Market Quality Subcommittee Status Report to the Committee
2:45 p.m. Customer Issues Subcommittee Status Report to the Committee
3:15 p.m. Discussion of Next Steps / Adjournment