SEC Announces Next Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington D.C., Nov. 19, 2014 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that its Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 17, beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET. The committee will focus on the interests and priorities of emerging and smaller public companies.
“Small and emerging companies contribute greatly to the strength of our nation’s economy,” said SEC Chair Mary Jo White. “We welcome the valuable input of the Advisory Committee members who bring a wealth of expertise from across the small business community.”
The co-chairs of the committee are Stephen M. Graham, Managing Partner in Fenwick & West LLP’s Seattle office, and M. Christine Jacobs, member of the board of directors of McKesson Corporation and former Chairman, CEO, and President of Theragenics Corporation.
The committee members are:
- Charles Baltic, Managing Director and Co-Head of Health Care, Needham & Company, LLC, New York
- David A. Bochnowski, Chairman, President, and CEO, Northwest Indiana Bancorp, Munster, Ind.
- John J. Borer III, Senior Managing Director and Head of Investment Banking, The Benchmark Company, LLC, New York
- Dan Chace, Lead Portfolio Manager, Wasatch Micro Cap Fund, Salt Lake City
- Milton Chang, Principal, Incubic Management, Los Altos Hills, Calif.
- Shannon L. Greene, Chief Financial Officer, Tandy Leather Factory, Fort Worth, Texas
- Sara Hanks, CEO, CrowdCheck, Alexandria, Va.
- John Hempill, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, New York
- Richard L. Leza, Chairman, Exar Corp., Fremont, Calif.
- Sonia Luna, founder and CEO, Aviva Spectrum, Los Angeles
- Catherine V. Mott, founder and CEO, BlueTree Capital Group, Wexford, Pa.
- David J. Paul, Chief Strategy Officer, Propellr, New York
- Timothy Reese, Managing Partner, Forge Intellectual Capital, LLC and founder, National Minority Angel Network, LLC, Ambler, Pa.
- Timothy Walsh, President, Gaw Capital Partners USA, Los Angeles
- Gregory C. Yadley, Partner, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick LLP, Tampa, Fla.
The committee also will include as observer members:
- A. Heath Abshure, Arkansas Securities Commissioner and Chairman of the Corporation Finance Section of the North American Securities Administrators Association
- Javier Saade, Associate Administrator, Office of Investment and Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
The December 17 meeting will be held at the SEC’s headquarters at 100 F Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. The event is open to the public, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. It also will be webcast live on the SEC’s website, www.sec.gov, and will be archived on the website for later viewing.
The full agenda for the meeting will be released before the meeting date.
The advisory committee was originally established in 2011 and was renewed for an additional term. More information about the advisory committee, including prior committee recommendations, is available at: http://www.sec.gov/spotlight/acsec-spotlight.shtml