FinHub is excited to resume virtual peer-to-peer meet-ups (P2Ps) with members of the FinTech community. FinHub initiated P2Ps in 2019 as in-person meet-ups, but transitioned to a virtual format in 2020 due to COVID. Both approaches offered members of the FinTech community the opportunity to speak with FinHub staff about general topics of interest, to make presentations about their work, or to ask questions about FinHub and the SEC.
Building on the success of these prior efforts, FinHub is thrilled to again host P2Ps in a virtual format over the next few quarters. Our P2Ps this year will be organized around topical narratives that focus on the impact that FinTech innovations have on markets, market participants, and investors. The themes for the upcoming P2Ps are:
- Connected Investor: The role of FinTech in helping public companies enhance communications and disclosures with investors, regulated entities and other market participants as they advise, represent, protect, and interact with investors.
- Capital Formation: The role of FinTech in helping companies and investment vehicles access capital, improve securities offering processes, provide important disclosures, and enhance investor protections.
- Financial Infrastructure: The role of FinTech in transforming or modernizing the plumbing of the securities markets and market participants in the financial industry.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance: The role of FinTech in enabling and facilitating enhanced use of ESG factors in developing and assessing securities issuer and market disclosures and in informing market intermediaries, investment advisers, and investors about the role of ESG in investments.
- Digital Identities and Cybersecurity: The role of FinTech in protecting critical PII and other information of public companies, market participants, and investors from fraud and theft at rest, in transit, and across platforms.
Each thematic series, beginning with the Connected Investor, will be held over a week’s span, during which FinHub staff invites innovators, entrepreneurs, academics and their advisors, to meet with FinHub staff to discuss issues related to that series’ theme. During the designated week, FinHub staff will participate in separate, one-on-one meetings with each participant or team.
FinHub staff encourages the FinTech community to engage with us on these themes. It is easy to get started, just click this link to submit a meeting request (note: select “P2P” for the Subject Matter and select “Other,” then enter the theme’s name, for the Purpose). If you have any questions, please submit them via the link.
We look forward to hearing from and engaging with the FinTech community on these topics!
Modified: Oct. 4, 2023