SEC Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies to Meet on June 8
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C., June 4, 2012 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that its Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies will meet on Friday, June 8, beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern time. The discussion is expected to include the recently enacted JOBS Act, market structure issues, and scaling of disclosure and corporate governance rules for smaller public companies.
The meeting will be held at the SEC's headquarters at 100 F Street N.E. in Washington, D.C., and is open to the public. It also will be webcast live on the SEC's website.
The Advisory Committee was formed last year to provide a formal mechanism for the SEC to receive advice and recommendations on privately held small businesses and publicly traded companies with a market capitalization less than $250 million. More information about the committee and its members is available at http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/acsec.shtml.
# # #
|9 a.m.||Update from Co-Chairs of Advisory Committee|
|9:15 a.m.||Discussion of Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act
- SEC Division of Corporation Finance
- SEC Division of Trading and Markets
|10:45 a.m.||Presentations and Discussion of Market Structure Issues and Impact on IPOs
- David Weild — Chairman and CEO of Capital Markets Advisory Partners, and Head of the Capital Markets Group of Grant Thornton LLP
- Jeffrey Harris — Dean's Chair in Finance, Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University
|12:30 p.m.||Lunch Break|
|2 p.m.||Presentations and Discussion of Scaling Disclosure and Corporate Governance Rules for Smaller Public Companies
- Jim Angel — Associate Professor, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
- Paul Dorfman — Managing Director, NYSE Euronext
|3:45 p.m.||Discussion of Next Steps/Closing Comments|
|4 p.m.||Meeting Concludes|