Economic and Risk Analysis
The Division of Economic and Risk Analysis (DERA) was created in September 2009 to integrate financial economics and rigorous data analytics into the core mission of the SEC. The Division is involved across the entire range of SEC activities, including policy-making, rule-making, enforcement, and examination.
Learn more about the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis
Differences in the Information Environment Prior to SEOs under Relaxed Disclosure Regulation
April 28, 2014
The Economic Implications of Money Market Fund Capital Buffers
Jan. 24, 2014
The Effects of Regulating Hidden Add-on Costs
Sept. 30, 2013
Appointments of Academic Directors
July 11, 2013
Analyst Competition and Monitoring:
Earnings Management in Neglected Firms
July 1, 2013
White Paper on Computing Tools for Promoting Sound Investment Decisions
May 30, 2014
Interconnectedness in the CDS Market
April 28, 2014
OTC Trading: Description of Non-ATS OTC Trading in National Market System Stocks
March 20, 2014
Alternative Trading Systems: Description of ATS Trading in National Market System Stocks
Oct. 1, 2013
Qualified Residential Mortgage: Background Data Analysis on Credit Risk Retention
Aug. 1, 2013
Money Market Fund Study: Response to Questions Posed by Commissioners Aguilar, Paredes, and Gallagher (Experience through the Financial Crisis, Efficacy of 2010 Reforms, and Potential Economic Effects of Future Reforms)
Nov. 30, 2012
Economic Effects of Proposed Rule Changes by NYSE Arca, Inc. to List and Trade Shares of the JPM XF Physical Copper Trust (SR-NYSEArca-2012-28) and the iShares Copper Trust (SR-NYSEArca-2012-66)
Nov. 6, 2012
FINRA Proposal to Reduce Minimum Quotation Size in OTC Market Tiers
June 1, 2012
Information Regarding Activities and Positions of Participants in the Single-Name Credit Default Swap Market
March 15, 2012
Impact of Recent Regulation SHO Rule Changes on Fails to Deliver (Updates with Additional Data the Analysis Dated November 4, 2009)
April 25, 2011
Contact the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis:
- Igor Kozhanov and Joseph Ogden, Corporate Retail Notes: A Good Alternative for Individual Investors?, 2013, Journal of Fixed Income 23, 82-97.
- Cindy Alexander, Scott Bauguess, Gennaro Bernile, Yoon-Ho Alex Lee, and Jennifer Marietta-Westberg, Economic Effects of SOX Section 404 Compliance: A Corporate Insider Perspective, 2013, Journal of Accounting and Economics, forthcoming.
- Jongsub Lee, Kwang Lee, and Nandu Nagarajan, Birds of a Feather: Value Implications of Political Alignment Between Top Management and Directors, Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Gergana Jostova, Stanislava (Stas) Nikolova, Alexander Philipov and Christof W. Stahel, Momentum in Corporate Bond Returns, 2013, Review of Financial Studies 26, 1649-1693.
- Giulio Girardi and Tolga Ergun, Systemic Risk Measurement: Multivariate GARCH Estimation of CoVaR, 2013, Journal of Banking and Finance 37, 3169-3180.