Spotlight on Proxy Matters — Related Information
Below you can find additional information about the proxy process, including a new Investor Bulletin regarding the 2012 proxy season.
- For a discussion of matters to consider during the 2012 proxy season, please see Investor Bulletin: Voting in Annual Shareholder Meetings - What's New in 2012
- For a discussion of what say-on-pay and say-on-golden parachute votes are, please see Investor Bulletin: Say-on-Pay and Golden Parachute Votes
- For a general overview of proxy voting, please see Investor Alert: New Shareholder Voting Rules for the 2010 Proxy Season
- For information about changes to “e-proxy” or the “notice and access model,” please see Amendments to Rules Requiring Internet Availability of Proxy Materials (February 22, 2010)
- For more details about a variety of proxy-related matters, please see Briefing Paper for 2007 Roundtable on Proxy Voting Mechanics
- To learn how to find a company’s proxy statement on the SEC’s EDGAR filing database, please see How can I obtain a copy of a company's annual proxy statement?
- For information about the new rules that the Commission adopted to require companies to provide enhanced disclosures about compensation and corporate governance matters, please see Proxy Disclosure Enhancements (December 16, 2009)
- For an overview of how “e-proxy” or the “notice and access model” for proxy delivery works, please see Fast Answer on Proxy Statements: Electronic and Internet Delivery (Modified April 4, 2008)
- For more detailed information about “e-proxy” or the “notice and access model,” please see Final Rule on Internet Availability of Proxy Materials (January 22, 2007) and Shareholder Choice Regarding Proxy Materials (July 26, 2007)
- For more information regarding the New York Stock Exchange rule changes to a broker’s ability to use its discretion to vote in elections for directors and other matters, please see Order Approving Proposed Rule Change to Amend NYSE Rule 452 (July 1, 2009) and Information Memo: Application of Rule 452 to Certain Types of Corporate Governance Proxy Proposals (January 25, 2012)