DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume I)
This draft Filer Manual, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers prepare for potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft manual, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the manual before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume I) (Version 20) is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft manual does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft manual. The final version of the manual will be made available as and if approved by the Commission, on the SEC's Public Website.
Changes to the DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume I) - General Information (Version 20) are being made to update the filer manual to reflect changes scheduled to be implemented on April 13, 2015.
On April 13, 2015, EDGAR Release 15.1 will introduce the following changes:
- The "Form ID Application Confirmation" screen will display four additional labels: "Signature of Authorized Person," "Printed Name of Signature," "Title of Person Signing," and "Notary Signature & Seal to be Placed Here." This screen will also be updated to include a "Print Window" button to print the completed online Form ID application. The printed application can be signed and notarized by the filer to serve as the authentication document when applying for EDGAR access.
- All references to the Paper Form ID have been removed from the Filer Manual. Filers can print the electronic Form ID and use this as the authentication document as explained above.
- EDGAR will be updated to add new submission form types SDR, SDR/A, SDR-A, and SDR-W. These submission form types can be accessed by selecting the 'File SDR' link on the EDGAR Filing Website. Additionally, applicants may construct XML submissions for these submission types by following the "EDGAR SDR XML Technical Specification" document available on the SEC's Public Website (http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar.shtml).
- Submission form types SDR, SDR/A, SDR-A, and SDR-W will include the "Request Confidentiality" check box to allow applicants to select which information to request confidential treatment. After a Form SDR is submitted, SEC staff will review the submission and make a determination of whether the information for which confidential treatment is requested should be made public. EDGAR will disseminate only the content and attached exhibits of the submission that the SEC staff has determined to be public.
On March 9, 2015, EDGAR Release 15.0.3 introduced the following changes:
- EDGAR was updated to support the US GAAP 2015 Taxonomy. Please see http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/edgartaxonomies.shtml for a complete listing of supported standard taxonomies.
- Item 1 "Identifying Information" on submission type MA-A was updated for the following question: "Changes: Are there any changes in this annual update to information provided in the municipal advisor's most recent Form MA, other than the updated Execution Page?" If filers select "No" as a response to the question, then all fields will be disabled on submission type MA-A with the exception of "Execution" and "Filer Information" tabs and the "Fiscal Year End Information" field on Item 1. Alternatively, if filers select "Yes" to the question, then they must update applicable items on submission type MA-A.
You may download the DRAFT EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume I) General Information (Version 20) by clicking the following link. To assist filers in the identification of the draft changes, we have provided a redlined version of Volume I.