The OMWI Director is required by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 to develop standards to assess the diversity policies and practices of entities regulated by the agency. The joint standards presented in the Final Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies and Request for Comment (34-75050) provide a framework for regulated entities to develop or enhance diversity policies and practices that address their:
· Organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion
· Workforce profile and employment practices
· Procurement and business practices – supplier diversity
· Practices to promote transparency of organizational diversity and inclusion
· Self-assessment of diversity and inclusion practices
See the joint press release issued by the SEC and other federal Agencies announcing the publication of the joint standards.