EDGAR Public Dissemination Service (PDS) System
The EDGAR Public Dissemination Service (PDS) System became operational on November 1, 1998, to provide the public an accurate, complete and fast method of obtaining all accepted and valid EDGAR filings. This privatized system is operated by Keane Federal Systems, Inc. and is the primary source to receive all public EDGAR filings. Subscribers are required to enter into a Subscription Agreement with Keane Federal Systems, Inc. The subscription price is set annually by Keane Federal Systems, Inc., using a weighted average methodology based on the number of primary feeds for subscribers at the beginning of the each year. Subscriber organizations can be invoiced annually or monthly.
Subscriber services include:
- Being forwarded all public filings acquired and accepted by EDGAR at the same time as filings are sent to the SEC from EDGAR
- Real-time transmission of all valid public filings pushed out to subscribers via internet connections — all EDGAR accepted files are forwarded to the subscriber as soon as the PDS System receives them
- Secondary Feeds available to subscribers at significant reduction from Primary Feed price
- Re-transmission of public filings that failed to be successfully delivered to subscribers due to problems encountered during connection and/or transmission to subscribers — tracking of all files sent and received
- A Failover System that provides delivery of public filings from alternative PDS server in the event service from primary PDS sever becomes unavailable
- Access to archive data of all recently accepted and transmitted filings
- Six hours of support per year from the PDS Helpdesk, with additional support at a nominal hourly rate
For more information please contact:
Phone: 877.537.4737 (877.KFSI.PDS)
EDGAR Public Dissemination Service New Subscriber Document
The EDGAR PDS New Subscriber Document (updated 4/1/13) provides configuration, testing, maintenance, and billing information to potential and existing subscribers of the EDGAR public dissemination service feed.
EDGAR Public Dissemination Subsystem Technical Specification Document
The EDGAR PDS Technical Specification Document (updated 03/03/2014) describes the format for the various files disseminated to EDGAR subscribers. It also provides the definitions for each element in the file.
On March 3, 2014, the EDGAR system will be upgraded to Release 14.0. The upgrade will introduce the following changes:
- New tags <DEPOSITOR-CIK>, <SPONSOR-CIK>, <ABS-SUB-ASSET-CLASS> will be added.
- Existing tag <ABS-ASSET-CLASS> will be modified to make it repeatable.
The EDGAR PDS Technical Specification has been updated to provide details for these new tags.