Roundtable on the Execution, Clearance and Settlement of Microcap Securities
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
100 F Street N.E. Washington, DC
Station Place I Multipurpose Room
October 17, 2011
||Call to Order and Opening Remarks: Chairman Mary Schapiro and Robert Khuzami, Director of the Division of Enforcement
Panel 1 — Compliance Challenges Associated with Microcap Securities
Moderator: Peter Curley, Associate Director, Division of Trading and Markets.
- Claire Santaniello — Managing Director and Chief Compliance Officer, Pershing
- Mihal Nahari — Chief Compliance Officer, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (“DTCC”)
- Thomas Merritt — Senior Managing Director, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Knight Capital Group
- Steven Nelson — Chairman, Continental Stock Transfer and Trust Company
- Marvin Pickholz — Partner, Duane Morris
- Brian Lebrecht — Founder, The Lebrecht Group, APLC
- David Chapman — Director, Department of Market Regulation, FINRA
Panel 2 — Anti-Money Laundering Monitoring
Moderator: Sarah Green, Bank Secrecy Act Specialist for the Office of Market Intelligence
- Betty Santangelo — Partner, Schulte Roth & Zabel
- Susan DeSantis — Managing Director and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, DTCC
- Lynne Johnston — US Head of Anti-Money Laundering Compliance, RBC Capital Markets
- Harold Crawford — Global Director of Anti-Money Laundering & Sanctions, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Aaron Fox — Managing Director, IPSA International Inc.
- Jeff Horowitz — Managing Director and Chief Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC Officer, Pershing
- Bill Park — Director, FINRA Department of Enforcement
Panel 3: Potential Changes to the Regulatory Framework Concerning Microcap Securities
Moderator: John Polise, Associate Director, Office of Compliance, Inspections and Examinations.
||Concluding Remarks (John Polise)