SEC’s Miami Regional Office Participates in Investor Education Activities During Second Annual World Investor Week
Sept. 28, 2018
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Miami Regional Office will host a series of investor education activities during the week of Oct. 1 – 7 as part of the second annual World Investor Week, a global campaign promoted by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) to raise awareness about the importance of investor education and protection.
The weeklong global effort marks the second time that U.S. securities regulators and other IOSCO members on six continents will join together to promote investor education and protection.
“Protecting the interests of Main Street investors is a fundamental principle underlying our efforts to fulfill our mission of protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly markets, and facilitating capital formation,” said Eric I. Bustillo, Director of the SEC’s Miami Regional Office. “These presentations give the SEC an opportunity to promote this very important mission.”
The week’s programs will include presentations to veterans, senior citizens, and students. Details of the events are as follows:
- Oct. 1, 2018 – Outreach to veterans at the Miami Vet Center, Doral, Florida
- Oct. 2, 2018 – Outreach to seniors at the Village of Pinecrest, Pinecrest, Florida
- Oct. 2, 2018 – Outreach to University of Florida ALPFA students, Gainesville, Florida
- Oct. 3, 2018 – Outreach to General Federation of Women’s Club, The Villages, Florida
- Oct. 3, 2018 – Outreach to Plantation High School students, Plantation, Florida
- Oct. 4, 2018 – Outreach to Tower 41 Condominium, Miami Beach, Florida
- Oct. 4, 2018 – Outreach to University of Florida Law School students, Gainesville, Florida
- Oct. 4, 2018 – Outreach to Dr. Abe Chames High School students, North Miami Beach, Florida
- Oct. 5, 2018 – Outreach to naturalization ceremony participants, Miami
For more information about the Miami Regional Office outreach events, contact Ivette Goizueta-Mendes at 305-982-6338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about other SEC World Investor Week events is here.