Miami Regional Office Participates in Investor Education Activities During Third Annual World Investor Week
Oct. 9, 2019
Miami — The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Miami Regional Office will host a series of investor education activities during October 1–7, 2019, as part of the third annual World Investor Week, a global campaign promoted by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) to raise awareness about the importance of investor education and protection.
This global effort marks the third time that U.S. securities regulators and other IOSCO members on six continents will join together to promote investor education and protection.
“Protecting the interests of Main Street investors is a fundamental principle underlying our efforts to fulfill our mission of protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly markets, and facilitating capital formation,” said Eric I. Bustillo, Director of the SEC’s Miami Regional Office. “These presentations give the SEC an opportunity to promote this very important mission.”
The seven day program will include outreach to high school and university students, teachers, older adults, military, and industry professionals. Details of the events are as follows:
- Oct. 1, 2019 – AARP Volunteers, Doral, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 1, 2019 – Pinecrest Community Center, Pinecrest, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 1, 2019 – U.S. Southern Command Base, Doral, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 2, 2019 – Association of Latino Professionals for America and Beta Alpha Psi Florida International University Ahead of the Game Accounting and Business Expo, Miami, Florida (exhibitor)
- Oct. 2, 2019 – St. Thomas University, School of Business, Miami Gardens, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 2, 2019 – Southwest Miami Senior High School, Miami, Florida (presentations)
- Oct.3, 2019 – Florida International University, Honors College, Miami, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 3, 2019 – Cryptocurrency and Securities Regulation in the Digital Age, Boca Raton, Florida (panelist)
- Oct. 3, 2019 – Women’s Law Society, Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 4, 2019 – U.S. Coast Guard Base, Miami Beach, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 4, 2019 - Junior Achievement of Greater Miami’s Stock Market in Class Program, Miami Southridge Senior High, Miami, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 4, 2019 - Miccosukee Leadership Academy: SEC Financial Responsibility and Leadership, Miami, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 5, 2019 – Miami Lakes Special Needs Advisory Board and DPT’s Annual FUNclusion Event, Miami Lakes, Florida (exhibitor)
- Oct. 6, 2019 – Iglesia Bautista Poder de Dios, Miami Beach, Florida (presentation)
- Oct. 7, 2019 – Plantation High School, Plantation, Florida (presentations)
- Oct. 8, 2019 – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida (presentation)
For more information about the Miami Regional Office’s outreach events, contact Ivette Goizueta-Mendes at 305-982-6338 or email@example.com.
To learn more about investing basics and find additional investment resources, visit Investor.gov.