Welcome Transferred Federal Employees
Forms To Be Completed BEFORE Orientation:
The following forms should have already been sent to you. Please make sure you complete the applicable forms and upload in EODS as applicable.
- Appointment Recommendation Letter Signed
- Case Initiation Form
- Confidential Statement of Security Holdings Forms (682), and
- Declaration for Federal Employment Form (OF-306)
- Current Address Form (SEC-51)
- Statement of Prior Federal Service (SF-144)
- Ethnicity and National Origin ID (SF-181)
- Self-Identification of Handicap (SF-256)
- Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form (SF-1199a)
- Statement for SEC Automated Systems
- Designation of Mailing Address
- Federal Tax Form (W-4)
- Designation of Beneficiary — FEGLI (SF-2823)
- Designation of Beneficiary — FERS (SF-3102)
- Designation of Beneficiary — Unpaid Compensation (SF-1152)
- Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch
- Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees and Former Employees of the SEC
- Short Summary of SEC Supplemental Ethics Rule
Forms To Be Completed and BROUGHT to Your Orientation
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) (You MUST bring the appropriate documents to your Orientation session to verify your identity: Driver license and birth certificate or social security card, a valid passport, etc.)
- State Tax Form
Forms To Be Completed AFTER Your Orientation by the filing times indicated.
- Health Benefits Election Form (SF-2809) — A transferred Federal employees is only eligible to make health benefits changes if he or she has an HMO and transfers to a location outside of the HMO coverage area. In this situation, the employee has 60 days from EOD to elect new health insurance coverage.
- SEC Select — The SEC offers unique benefits such as SEC-sponsored dental and basic vision. The agency also provides for the opportunity to purchase enhanced vision coverage and short- or long-term disability insurance. New SEC employees must enroll within 45 days of their Enter-on-Duty date. Employees will receive an e-mail notification within this 45-day period. Additional SEC select information will be provided at new employee orientation, or you can ask specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-551-8100.
Transferred Federal employees are eligible to replace FEDVIP with SEC Select outside of the regular benefits open season. During new employee orientation, you will receive the name of your Benefits Specialist. Please contact the Benefits Specialist directly to make this change.