Welcome Term Employees
Forms To Be Completed BEFORE Orientation
The following forms should have already been sent to you. Please make sure you complete the applicable forms and upload in EODS as applicable.
- Appointment Recommendation Letter Signed
- Case Initiation Form
- Confidential Statement of Security Holdings Forms (682), and
- Declaration for Federal Employment Form (OF-306)
- Employee Current Address Form (SEC-51)
- Designation of Mailing Address
- Statement of Prior Federal Service (SF-144)
- Ethnicity and National Origin ID (SF-181)
- Self-Identification of Handicap (SF-256)
- Statement for SEC Automated Systems
- Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form (SF-1199a)
- Federal Tax Form (W-4)
- Designation of Beneficiary — FEGLI (SF-2823)
- Designation of Beneficiary — FERS (SF-3102)
- Designation of Beneficiary — Unpaid Compensation (SF-1152)
- Conditions of Term Appointment Agreement
- Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch
- Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees and Former Employees of the SEC
- Short Summary of SEC Supplemental Ethics Rule
Bring with You to Orientation
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) (You MUST bring the appropriate documents to your Orientation session to verify your identity: Driver license and birth certificate or social security card, a valid passport, etc.)
- State Tax Form
Forms To Be Completed AFTER Your Orientation by the filing times indicated.
- Health Benefits Election Form (SF-2809) — No later than 60 days from the day you enter on duty.
- Life Insurance Election Form (SF-2817) — No later than 60 days from the day you enter on duty (A waiver must be submitted to your servicing Personnel Specialist in OHR within the first week in order to have no deductions from your pay)
- Thrift Savings Plan Election Form (TSP-1) — you may submit election form TSP-1 at anytime.
- Thrift Savings Plan Designation of Beneficiary (TSP-3) — Must be sent to TSP address.
- Federal Flexible Spending Account Program — enroll directly at www.FSAFEDS.com no later than 60 days from the day you enter on duty.
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) Applications. Submit directly to address indicated on form no later than 60 days from the day you enter on duty.
- SEC Select — The SEC offers unique benefits such as SEC-sponsored dental and basic vision. The agency also provides for the opportunity to purchase enhanced vision coverage and short- or long-term disability insurance. New SEC employees must enroll within 45 days of their Enter-on-Duty date. Employees will receive an e-mail notification within this 45-day period. Additional SEC select information will be provided at new employee orientation, or you can ask specific questions at email@example.com or 202-551-8100.