Job Opportunity in the Office of Commissioner Peirce
April 14, 2022
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Commissioner Peirce is seeking applicants for an Attorney-Adviser-Counsel, SK-905-16 position located in Washington, DC. This is a term position not-to-exceed two years, with the option to extend an additional year and is open to all US citizens. The open announcement closes on April 26, 2022.
The Office of Commissioner Peirce is seeking applicants for an Attorney-Adviser-Counsel, SK-905-16 position, not-to-exceed two years, with the option to extend an additional year. As Counsel to the Commissioner, duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Commissioner in analyzing rulemakings and other proposals before the Commission, and working with other Commission staff to develop language to effectuate the Commission’s business.
- Reviewing enforcement recommendations relating to corporate finance, accounting, or crypto.
- Accompanying, representing, or acting for the Commissioner at conferences and meetings as directed by the Commissioner.
- Independently meeting with top management officials and other staff of the agency and other foreign, international, federal, state, and private individuals to have an up-to-date view of a wide variety of program and policy issues.
- Assisting the Commissioner with recommendations on how to improve the Commission’s operations and regulatory policy.
- Working with highly confidential and sensitive documents and information.
How to Apply:
All applicants must possess the following:
- J.D. or LL.B. degree;
- Active membership of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and to be considered at the SK-16 level - Candidate must possess at least four (4) years post-J.D experience identifying legal issues, providing legal analyses, and providing legal solutions/recommendations. Applicant also must have three (3) years specialized experience:
- Interpreting and applying the provisions of the laws, rules, and regulations that govern the securities industry, in particular, the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- Evaluating legal and policy issues relating to corporate finance, accounting, and auditing matters;
- Providing legal advice and guidance on crypto matters;
- Managing numerous initiatives, all of which are on aggressive timelines; AND
- Communicating effectively with senior officials verbally and in writing.
Application Submission Procedure:
Please email the following documents to CommissionerPeirce@sec.gov using the Subject Line “Job Opportunity – Commissioner Peirce”
- A cover letter outlining your relevant background and experience (which should be addressed in the resume)
- Attorney Appointment Application (if selected, will be required)
- Veterans Preference documentation (if applicable)
- If selected, official transcript and proof of Bar membership will be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Questions: CommissionerPeirce@sec.gov and (202) 551-5080.