Division of Investment Management - Career Opportunities
Dec. 2, 2019
The Division of Investment Management (IM) works to support the SEC in its mission to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. IM regulates investment companies, variable insurance products, and federally registered investment advisers.
The Division welcomes applications for attorney positions. Candidates must have a J.D. from an accredited law school, be an active member of the bar, and have excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills. Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the statutes and regulations administered by the Commission, with a particular emphasis on the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940, are especially desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit the following documentation to IMResumes@sec.gov:
- Attorney Appointment Application
- Cover letter outlining your relevant background and experience - (optional)
- Veterans Preference documentation - (if applicable)
- Transcripts (Unofficial is acceptable. If hired, you will be asked to provide an official transcript.)
- Documentation showing that you are an active member of the bar in good standing
To find out more about Career Opportunities at the SEC visit www.sec.gov/careers.
The SEC is an Equal Opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse workforce.