EDGAR Form N-MFP XML Technical Specification (Version 3.1)
Implementation Date: September 14, 2015
The EDGAR Form N-MFP XML Technical Specification provides a basis for creating Form N-MFP and Form N-MFP/A submissions. Filers must follow the Form N-MFP XML Technical Specification to construct their Form N-MFP and Form N-MFP/A submissions. These submissions can be submitted via the EDGAR Filing Web site (https://edgarfiling.sec.gov) or by clicking the "Are you an EDGARLink filer or would you like to create a new Asset-Backed Securities Issuing Entity?" link from the EDGAR Portal Web site (www.portal.edgarfiling.sec.gov).
EDGAR Release 15.3 introduced the following changes:
- Made the following changes to the document to make it 508 compliant:
- Some of the column headers were not sufficient for JAWS to announce when it was entering data cells in the JAWS “Tables” mode. Enabled the “Repeat as header row at the top of each page” option to resolve the issue.
- Some of the headings in the document did not follow a hierarchy. Corrected the issue by setting the hierarchical order. For example, Heading Level 1, Heading Level 2, Heading Level 3; or Caption or Body text for tables.
- Lists, and the numbering of list items, were not sufficient for JAWS to identify and read. Mapped all the contents which appeared to be a list using the Numbering or Bullet list option.
- Some of the tables in the document spanned across multiple pages with no repeated header rows, which was not sufficient for JAWS to announce the column heading of that cell in the table. Enabled the “Allow row to break across pages” and “Repeat as header row at the top of each page” options to resolve the issue.
- Hyperlinks were not sufficient for JAWS to announce and navigate appropriately. Enabled hyperlinks and ensured JAWS read and navigated to the appropriate URLs.
The following EDGAR Form N-MFP XML Technical Specification documents detail the valid structure and content of the EDGAR Form N-MFP submission types (N-MFP and N-MFP/A).