DRAFT EDGAR Form TA-1 XML Technical Specification (Version 3.4.1)
DRAFT EDGAR Form TA-2 XML Technical Specification (Version 5.5.1)
DRAFT EDGAR Form TA-W XML Technical Specification (Version 1.4.1)
Implementation Date: September 14, 2015
This draft EDGAR Transfer Agent XML Technical Specification, posted before Commission approval of potential regulatory changes in this release, is provided as a service to our filing community to assist filers, agents, and software developers in their preparation of responses to potential changes the staff anticipates. Since this is a draft technical specification, the SEC retains the right to change any part of the technical specification before the new system release is made final. In addition, the final EDGAR Transfer Agent XML Technical Specification is subject to Commission approval and may be revised before approval or not approved at all. Similarly, the posting of the draft technical specification does not indicate Commission approval of any pending proposed changes relating to the potential changes reflected in the draft technical specification. The changes outlined in this draft technical specification, if approved, are scheduled to take effect on September 14, 2015. The final version of the technical specification will be made available if approved by the Commission on or about September 14, 2015, on the SEC's Public Website.
EDGAR Release 15.3 will introduce the following changes to the EDGAR TA-1 XML Technical Specification (Version 3.4.1), EDGAR TA-2 XML Technical Specification (Version 5.5.1), and EDGAR TA-W XML Technical Specification (Version 1.4.1):
On September 14, 2015, EDGAR Release 15.3 introduced the following change:
- Made the following changes to the document to make it 508 compliant:
- Some of the column headers were not sufficient for JAWS to announce when it was entering data cells in the JAWS "Tables" mode. Enabled the "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" option to resolve the issue.
- Some of the headings in the document did not follow a hierarchy. Corrected the issue by setting the hierarchical order. For example, Heading Level 1, Heading Level 2, Heading Level 3; or Caption or Body text for tables.
- Lists, and the numbering of list items, were not sufficient for JAWS to identify and read. Mapped all the contents which appeared to be a list using the Numbering or Bullet list option.
- Some of the tables in the document spanned across multiple pages with no repeated header rows, which was not sufficient for JAWS to announce the column heading of that cell in the table. Enabled the "Allow row to break across pages" and "Repeat as header row at the top of each page" options to resolve the issue.
- Hyperlinks were not sufficient for JAWS to announce and navigate appropriately. Enabled hyperlinks and ensured JAWS read and navigated to the appropriate URLs.