National Securities Exchanges
April 12, 2017
A "national securities exchange" is a securities exchange that has registered with the SEC under Section 6 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Following is a list of exchanges registered with the SEC under Section 6(a) of the Exchange Act as national securities exchanges:
- BOX Exchange LLC (formerly BOX Options Exchange LLC)
- Cboe BYX Exchange, Inc. (formerly Bats BYX Exchange, Inc.; BATS Y-Exchange, Inc.)
- Cboe BZX Exchange, Inc. (formerly Bats BZX Exchange, Inc.; BATS Exchange, Inc.)
- Cboe C2 Exchange, Inc.
- Cboe EDGA Exchange, Inc. (formerly Bats EDGA Exchange, Inc.; EDGA Exchange, Inc.)
- Cboe EDGX Exchange, Inc. (formerly Bats EDGX Exchange, Inc.; EDGX Exchange, Inc.)
- Cboe Exchange, Inc.
- The Investors Exchange LLC
- Miami International Securities Exchange
- MIAX Emerald, LLC
- MIAX PEARL, LLC
- Nasdaq BX, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc.; Boston Stock Exchange)
- Nasdaq GEMX, LLC (formerly ISE Gemini)
- Nasdaq ISE, LLC (formerly International Securities Exchange, LLC)
- Nasdaq MRX, LLC (formerly ISE Mercury)
- Nasdaq PHLX LLC (formerly NASDAQ OMX PHLX, LLC; Philadelphia Stock Exchange)
- The Nasdaq Stock Market
- New York Stock Exchange LLC
- NYSE Arca, Inc.
- NYSE Chicago, Inc. (formerly Chicago Stock Exchange)
- NYSE MKT LLC (formerly NYSE AMEX and the American Stock Exchange)
- NYSE National, Inc. (formerly National Stock Exchange, Inc.)
Certain exchanges are also registered with the SEC through a notice filing under Section 6(g) of the Exchange Act for the purpose of trading security futures.
- CBOE Futures Exchange, LLC
- Chicago Board of Trade
- One Chicago, LLC
- The Island Futures Exchange, LLC (formerly registered)
- NQLX LLC (formerly registered)
There are also two exchanges that the SEC has exempted from registration as national securities exchanges on the basis of a limited volume of transactions:
- Arizona Stock Exchange (no longer operating pursuant to an exemption from registration as a national securities exchange)
- SWX Europe Limited (f/k/a Virt-x; no longer operating pursuant to an exemption from registration as a national securities exchange)
Recently Approved Exchange Applications
- MIAX Emerald, December 20, 2018